Saturday, October 14, 2006

Big Names in Baseball

I was just looking at the web comments on the MLB playoffs and I was struck by a photo of one of the Oakland A's (hanging in the playoffs by the tips of their fingernails at this very moment), or rather by the caption under it. Talking about the previous game they had lost to the Detroit Tigers, it said "Milton Bradley said it best: 'It was all Kenny Rogers.'"

What hit me was that I don't really know those players but I would definitely recognize their names--on other people. Kenny "The Gambler" Rogers is a famous singer, and Milton Bradley...well maybe that's not a person, but the name is the board-game company, right. But those names have been well known long enough--what were their parents thinking? I think people should at least start out with their own name to go through life with.

No comments: